CNC Operator – Third Shift
Title: CNC Operator
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Manages Others: No
Reports to: CNC Supervisor
Since 1965, Dowding has grown from a tool and die manufacturer to a leading edge, world-class manufacturer of metal stampings, fabrication, precision machined components, and assemblies. We capitalize on our rich manufacturing history and utilize Michigan’s engineering expertise to provide our customers the competitive advantage needed in today’s markets. At Dowding Industries, we utilize only the latest advanced processing methods and assembly technologies to deliver tomorrow’s solutions, today. Producing parts for automotive, railcar, defense and infrastructure sectors as well, we are helping bring Michigan back to the forefront of manufacturing! Dowding Industries is firmly committed to providing products and services which in all ways meet or exceed our customer’s requirements for delivery, quality and value.
Produces machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Set up computerized machines to perform machine functions on work piece
- Input control instruction into machine
- Replace old machine tools when worn out with new ones
- Take accurate measurements of work piece and gauges for production
- Carry out maintenance measures to ensure good condition of machines
- Operate three or more machines with little or no assistance
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Good knowledge of set-up and operation
- Good knowledge of blueprints and micrometers
- Good knowledge of edits and G-codes
- Have basic knowledge of production materials
- Experience operating overhead crane
- Good communication skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and arms to finger, handle, feel or carry; reach with hands and arms.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; read and identify numbers. The employee is regularly required to apply sound reasoning and logic performing daily tasks.
- Physical Requirements
Dowding Industries, Inc. offers a Competitive Total Compensation Package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage (including spouse or domestic partner and children)
- Medical flexible spending account
- Life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement program
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Dowding Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We encourage qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.